Here is how we operate to keep things going smoothly.
If you have a question, we are happy to help…
If you have an issue or a question or a suggestion or a concern, please e-mail or message us as soon as you can and we will work with you to address it. Please remember that the admins and owners of this group are Moms. We will respond as soon as we can but family comes first.
- Custom printed fabric is printed on cotton/lycra (95/5). All fabric is printed digitally using high quality dyes and is in compliance with the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act. Fabric width is approximately 59 inches. The fibre content of non-custom printed fabrics can be found on the individual listings.
- We would love for you to share our photos but please link our group and use watermarked images wherever possible.
- Our fabric is made using a combination of original artwork, and unique clip art/prints that we have obtained the licensing for.
- We try our best to be original and run prints based our experiences and what inspires us. Sometimes licenced clipart or purchased artwork could be duplicated in other groups because we don’t buy exclusive rights.
- Pre-orders will be announced in our Facebook group: Fabric Goat. We will keep you updated on the status update page.
- Turn around for each order to be submitted to the printer, printed, and shipped to me is 3-12 weeks. This time frame begins after the closing date and could be affected by statutory holidays, customs processing, size of the round, and other unforeseen circumstances.
- It can take our team 1-3 weeks to process the fabric depending on the round size. By purchasing from any pre-order, you understand that there is a waiting period and you have agreed to the wait by completing your purchase.
- Pre-orders are non-refundable.
- Please remember that all fabrics are prone to slight shrinkage and eventual wearing/fading after lots of washes – especially darker colors. This is not a flaw, this is normal wear and tear on fabrics.
- If there are any issues with an entire print during a pre-order, you can expect updates on the Fabric Goat page and on the Status Update page of our website. We will always offer a resolution to flawed prints.
- Some flaws can be expected as result of the custom printing process. Small white/black flecks and spots may be seen on the fabric and are part of the normal printing process.
- Colors can also occasionally go through to the back of the fabric while printing.
- Textured striations in solid printed colors can be more common depending on the color being printed, and is not a flaw.
- We cannot guarantee any specific color will match other fabric, unless previously stated that they are coordinating fabrics.
- Flaws smaller than a quarter are acceptable and will not be refunded. Anything bigger than a quarter will be sold as seconds.
- Smudges/printing marks can also be expected on the selvages of the fabric and are normal up to 4 inches into the sides of the fabric. We leave these to optimize your cutting area.
- Different types of fabric can arrive wrinkled due to transit, this is not a flaw, and will not be refunded. Wash your fabric as usual, the wrinkles will wash out.
Payment and Shipping
- We use Canada Post for shipping. If you choose the incorrect shipping for your order at checkout, don’t worry- we will invoice you for the remainder once the pre-order arrives.
- We currently accept PayPal and credit cards via the website.
- We only ship to the address listed on your PayPal. Please ensure your PayPal address is correct.
- Please do not combine pre-order purchases with retail purchases. If you accidently combine, I will refund the retail portion of your order with a note that you must place a separate order.
- Each order will be shipped individually. All tracking is attached to your Shopify order.
- International shipping and customs can be substantially higher than domestic shipping. Customers are completely responsible for all taxes, brokerage fees, clearance fees, misc fees, duties, etc that are assessed on the order once arrived to your country.
- We cannot undervalue your package or mark as gift to evade duty or taxes.
- All international orders are sent with insurance calculated to the by the value of the order
- Large orders that have not had shipping calculated at checkout will be invoiced when the fabric arrives.
- Pre-order fabric and retail fabric is non-refundable.
- Customers will have 7 days after their package is registered as delivered to inspect the fabric. Any flaws found that do not fall within our flaw policy must be brought to our attention before this 7 day time frame.
- Please contact an admin with your order issue.
- Any issues or problems with your order that is brought to us after the 7 day time frame is not eligible for replacements.
- All issues must be brought to our attention before washing, cutting, or altering the fabric in any way.
- No refunds or replacements can given after the fabric has been altered from its original condition.
- Sometimes fabric may be slightly crooked when cutting. As long as each side is at least 39”, this is not a flaw, and will not be refunded.
- If you believe you have been shorted or something is missing, please open your package first, unfold the fabric and look at what you received before messaging the admins.
- Please be prepared to have photos/video of your measured fabric to show the admins or photos of what you received and your order. All must be BEFORE washing/cutting or altering in any way.
- Retail will be offered on a limited basis after the pre-order has arrived and gone out to customers. This is a first come first serve basis.
- Retail orders are non-refundable and final sale.
- Retail Orders made the same day, or within the same sale can be combined – please leave a message in the notes regarding combining orders or it will not be combined.
- When purchasing from retail – please note that it CAN take 7-10 business days from the day you purchased to ship your order out.
- If we make a mistake and send the wrong fabric, you can return it. You will be sent a shipping label with your new fabric and the wrong fabric must be sent back to Fabric Goat in the same condition it was sent.
- If you do not choose the correct shipping at checkout, we can invoice you for the remainder.
We recommend washing on cold, drying on warm/hot to set colors. You can also use a color catcher, however we have never had any issues with bleeding colors.